How to protect yourself when renting a housing in Bali
1. Keep a video recording of your visit to the rented object with the realtor. This discourages scammers.
2. If you make an advance payment before coming to Bali, ask the landlord for the maximum number of documents and reviews. It is also a good idea to make a video call. Otherwise, you can ask to check the villa one of your friends who is on the island. You can also order a villa inspection service from us (details below).
3. When you sign a contract, do not accept photos or scans of documents (such as passport or other identification documents). Always require the originals and make copies or photos of them.
4. If a Russian private agent is only a mediator, be sure to meet with them and the owner on the territory of the property. Ask for the originals of the documents that confirm the ownership of the property. Ask clarifying questions about the rental period dates, other important points and record everything
5. A good idea is to cooperate with large agencies that have been working on the island for many years and have won the respect of customers. To make sure of the reliability of the company, consult in the chat with people who have already dealt with these realtors.
6. To find out more useful information about the agency, you can search for the company's representation on the Internet. It can be a website, a social media page, or a blog. You also have to read the customer reviews, but carefully, because some people leave fake reviews. If a review confuses you, try to contact the person who left it and ask about their experience of cooperation. Of course, they can mislead you this way as well, but are less likely to do so.
If you don't want to check the property yourself, entrust it to us. For your convenience, we provide the Secure Deal service: - We will go to the premises - Take photos and make a video review of the villa - Report any shortcomings (such as mold, insects, etc.) - Check the owner's documents - Transfer your prepayment, record it on video and send you a receipt - If necessary, we will provide a template for a villa rental agreement or send you a ready-made contract (or invoice) from the agent/owner for signature.
The price of the service starts at 40$, depending on the location of the villa. To order a villa inspection, go to "Plans", select villa inspection and leave your contacts.
Our manager will contact you and clarify all the details to protect you from fraud and ensure your pleasant and comfortable stay.